10 Interesting Audi Facts!
You know that your Audi is a leader in comfort, function and style. But did you know just how cool your Audi is? Wow your friends and family at your summer get together this year with these 10 interesting Audi facts:
1. As early as 1899, August Horch formed a car company known as Horch to compete with Benz and Mercedes.
2. August Horch later left the company after disputes with his business partners, and started Audi in 1909.
3. The four overlapping rings in Audi’s logo came into existence in 1932 and represent the four original companies of the Auto Union: Audi, DKW, Horch, and Wanderer.
4. In 1938, Audi started crash testing their vehicles for the first time. All other car manufacturing companies now perform crash tests.
5. Audi didn’t start exporting cars to the USA until 1970.
6. The Audi A8 is the most stolen Audi vehicle. This vehicle has been stolen at a rate of 0.81 per 1,000 units sold.
7. There are only 120 Audi employees qualified to work on assembling the Audi R8. Most of these employees are over 40 years old, and it’s said that the easiest way to spot them is to look for their gray hair, earning them the nickname “silverliners.”
8. The Audi R8 changed the ending of the Ironman movie. Producers originally planned to have the Audi R8 (Ironman’s car) collide with the bad guy’s car and flip it over, but the Audi R8 would not flip.
9. In 2004, the movie I Robot starring Will Smith featured an Audi concept car known as the RSQ. This concept car had spheres instead of tires.
10. Audi plans to release a diesel-hybrid supercar that would compete with other sports cars such as the Ferrari F70, McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder..
It’s clear to see that Audi’s are certainly vehicles to treasure. Make sure you are keeping up with all of your Audi services and maintenance by taking it to the premiere Audi service shop in Culver City, CA: Modesti’s Car Care Center! At Modesti’s Car Care Center, our certified Audi repair mechanics will keep your luxury import vehicle running its best.