6 Car Smells Not to Ignore
You know that new car smell that you love so much? That smell is actually made up of dozens of fumes and chemicals from the different parts and plastics that makeup your car. Well that smell had to come from somewhere, didn’t it? The same goes for other smells in your car.
You can’t always blame a bad smell to something outside of your vehicle, sometimes that smell you’re smelling is you automobile trying to tell you something is wrong with your car! Many people don’t realize that the different smells your car gives off can help you identify what may be causing your car not to run as well as it should.
It’s important to pay attention to the way you vehicle smells so you know whether or not you need to take it to your trusted auto repair mechanic to get looked at. Catching problems quickly can save you a lot of time, hassle and money!
To help you identify what your car’s fragrances mean, the expert mechanics at Modesti’s Car Care Center have come up with this list of six car smells to watch out for.
6 Car Smells to Watch Out For:
1. Burnt toast smell. If you smell a light odor similar to burnt toast, this could be due to an electrical short or burning insulation.
2. Gasoline vapor odor. If you try to turn your car on and it doesn’t work, and then you smell this smell, then you might likely have flooded your car’s engine.
3. Thick pungent odor. A thick, very pungent odor usually points to burning oil. You should immediately take your car in for a mechanic to search for a leak.
4. Rotten egg smell. This easy-to-recognize smell is usually long lasting and smells like burning sulfur. It usually points to issues with the catalytic converter or other emission control devices.
5. Sweet, steamy smell. A sweet, steamy smell usually means you have a coolant leak.
6. Burning resin or chemical smell. A strong chemical smell is a clear sign of overheated brakes or clutch – definitely something to get looked at by your auto repair technician right away!
If you notice of any of the above odors, it’s important to take your car to your trusted auto repair shop in Culver City to get the issue taken care of right away.
If you have any question about car odors, or any other issues concerning your car, truck, SUV or minivan, the friendly, expert team at Modesti’s Car Care Center would love for you to stop by. We’ve have many years of experience providing top quality car repair and maintenance services, and want to make sure you’re driving safely on the road!