8 Interesting and Awesome Audi Facts!
It is officially springtime! While the spring does bring with it beautiful flowers and more consistently warm weather, you’re probably also gearing up for a little spring-cleaning.
At Modesti’s Car Care Center, we thought we’d help you take a break from all that tidying up and share with your some more interesting and awesome Audi facts! Many of your really liked our 10 Interesting Audi Facts that we posted before, so here’s a few more cool tidbits to keep in the back of your mind for your next trivia night
8 Awesome Audi Facts:
1. Audi was the first German car manufacturer to produce a car with left-handed drive. It was known as the Audi Type K and it was very popular because it provided a better view of oncoming traffic, allowing drivers to pass slower cars more safely.
2. An Audi car did the Pikes Peak Hill Climb – with no driver! In September 2010, an Audi TT S completed the 156-turn hill climb to the summit of Pikes Peak in Colorado without a driver on board. It was fully controlled by a computer.
3. There are 36,520 stitches in the leather interior of an Audi A8. Also, every Audi R8 body is run through an x-ray check after production. This shows the extreme attention to detail this company has.
4. Audi is one of the top three best-selling luxury automakers in the world. Known as the “German Big 3,” the other two manufacturers in this group are BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
5. North America will get its first Audi manufacturing plant in 2016. This plant will be located in Puebla, Mexico and will produce the second generation Audi Q5.
6. Audis were the first cars to have LED headlights. Beginning in 2006, Audi used LED technology in the daytime running lights (or DRLs) of the Audi A8 W12. LED technology is now common in car headlights.
7. West Coast Customs turned an Audi A8 into a chrome colored Tron car. Inspired by the Tron Legacy movie, West Coast Customs gave this car a completely chrome exterior, complete with color changing LED lights throughout.
8. Five Audi R8s were destroyed during the making of the movie Date Night, starring Tina Fey and Steve Carrell. The movie had an unconventional and hilarious car chase sequence between an Audi R8, a taxi and a Ford Crown Victoria.