Your vehicle's system requires a full discharge every two years and a recharge and top up every year.
I'm not getting enough cold air, what's wrong?
Not enough cool air, or air that is warmer than usual, is generally caused by:
- Low refrigerant
- Loose drive belt
- Slipping compressor clutch
- Partially clogged valves or filters
- Slow leaks in components or hoses
- Clogs in the evaporator or condenser
Why did my air conditioning suddenly stop working?
The most common reasons why an air conditioning system will stop working include:
- Broken or very loose drive belt
- Blown fuses
- Broken compressor or compressor clutch
- Leaks in components, seals or hoses
- Defects or clogs in the expansion valve, orifice tube, accumulator, receiver-drier, or hoses
If you are asking yourself either of these questions, it's time to have your vehicles air conditioning system checked. Finding a solution that corrects the problem now, will help you save on repairs and maintenance down the road.