DEAR CUSTOMER, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION: OUR CHARGES INCLUDE OUR COST OF OPERATION, NOT JUST THE TIME OF OUR TECHNICIANS.
OUR PAYMENT TERMS: CASH UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN MADE.
New Parts Warranty. Our new parts and labor warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first) unless otherwise noted. Parts and labor performed under warranty in the 3rd year or between 24,001-36,000 miles from the original purchase date will be repaired or replaced at 50% of our current price at that time.Warranty does not apply to normal wearing items such as fluids, filters or friction material on brakes and clutches.
REBUILT - PARTS SOURCE ONLY USED PARTS - PARTS SOURCE ONLY
INSTALLATION OF REBUILT PARTS - SAME AS SUPPLIER UP TO 24 MO./24,000 MILES, UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN MADE
USED PARTS - NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED
ALL PARTS INSTALLED ARE NEW UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE.
ALL OUT-OF-AREA WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE APPROVED IN WRITING BY MODESTI'S CAR CARE CENTER PRIOR TO WORK COMMENCING.
- CLIENT STATES NO ARTICLES OF PERSONAL PROPERTY HAVE BEEN LEFT IN THE VEHICLE AND MODESTI'S CAR CARE CENTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INSPECTION THEREOF.
- CLIENT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THE SAID PROPERTY IS NOT INSURED OR PROTECTED TO THE AMOUNT OF ACTUAL CASH VALUE THEREOF, OR OTHERWISE, AGAINST LOSS OCCASIONED BY THEFT, FIRE, OR VANDALISM, OR ACTS OF GOD, WHILE THE PROPERTY REMAINS WITH MODESTI'S CAR CARE CENTER.
- MODESTI'S CAR CARE CENTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNAVAILABILITY OF PARTS OR DELAYS IN PARTS SHIPMENT BEYOND SHOPS CONTROL.
- DUE TO THE TYPE OF SERVICE REQUESTED, SOME REPAIRS MUST BE SUBLET.
- ALL CHARGES FOR REPAIRS INCLUDING LABOR AND MATERIALS FURNISHED ARE DUE AND PAYABLE SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH THE DELIVERY OF THE WITHIN DESCRIBED VEHICLE OR PRIOR TO DELIVERY UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THREE (3) DAYS AFTER NOTICE THAT THE REPAIRS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED. NOTICE SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN UPON BY PHONE OR DEPOSIT IN THE UNITED STATES MAIL, POSTAGE PREPAID, OF WRITTEN NOTIFICATION TO THAT EFFECT ADDRESSED TO THE CLIENT AT THE ADDRESS GIVEN ON THE REVERSE SIDE HEREOF.
- IF THE VEHICLE DESCRIBED HEREIN IS NOT CALLED FOR WITHIN (3) DAYS AFTER SUCH NOTICE IS GIVEN, A STORAGE CHARGE OF $75.00 PER DAY WILL BE MADE FOR EACH DAY THEREAFTER.
- MODESTI’S CAR CARE CENTER IS AUTHORIZED TO DELIVER THE VEHICLE DESCRIBED HEREIN OR ANY OF ITS CONTENTS TO ANY PERSON PRESENTING THIS RECEIPT
- IN ADDITION TO ANY AND ALL OTHER LEGAL REMEDIES AVAILABLE, I AUTHORIZE SAID SHOP TO HAVE A LIEN ON THE VEHICLE DESCRIBED HEREIN FOR ALL CHARGES FOR REPAIRS, INCLUDING LABOR AND PARTS, STORAGE, AND OR TOWING, INTEREST OF 1.5% PER MONTH, AND TO ENFORCE SUCH A LIEN, SAID SHOP IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED TO SELL SAID VEHICLE AT PUBLIC AUCTION AFTER GIVING A TWENTY (20) DAY WRITTEN NOTICE BY CERTIFIED MAIL TO THE LEGAL OWNER, REGISTERED OWNER, AND THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES OF INTENT TO DO SO. ON THE SALE DATE, THE VEHICLE SHALL BE SOLD TO THE HIGHEST CASH BIDDER AND THE PROCEEDS OF SALE MUST BE USED FIRST TO SATISFY THE LIEN PLUS STORAGE COST AND COSTS INCIDENT TO SALE, AND THE BALANCE SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE LEGAL OWNER, OR IF NONE, TO THE REGISTERED OWNER, OR IF THE ADDRESS IS UNKNOWN, IT SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES.
- SAID EXPENSES FOR SALE SHALL ALSO INCLUDE A REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEE WHICH MAY BE NECESSARILY INCURRED IF ANY OF SUCH CHARGES REMAIN UNPAID FOR THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER SUCH REQUEST FOR PAYMENT. SAID SHOP MAY ALSO REFER SUCH CHARGES TO ITS ATTORNEYS FOR COLLECTION AND THE CUSTOMER WILL PAY A REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEE.
- NO REFUNDS WITHOUT THIS INVOICE. NO REFUNDS ON SALE ITEMS. NO REFUNDS ON SPECIAL ORDER PARTS, ELECTRICAL ITEMS, FUEL INJECTION, OR ON ANY PARTS WITH ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGE TORN OR WITH ITS SEAL BROKEN. THERE WILL BE A 15% RESTOCKING FEE.
- INTERMITTENT PROBLEMS AND TEST DRIVES. A FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR OUR TIME TO DUPLICATE AN INTERMITTENT PROBLEM EVEN IF IT DOESN’T OCCUR FOR US. THIS INCLUDES DRIVING, INSPECTING AND/OR TESTING YOUR VEHICLE. FEES FOR TESTING, DRIVING OR INSPECTION ARE NOT APPLIED TOWARD REPAIRS.
- SAFETY. MODESTI'S CAR CARE CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SERVICE ANY CAR THAT CANNOT BE MADE ROADWORTHY.
- MISCELLANEOUS MATERIALS: (CHEMICALS, LUBE GREASE, ETC.) A CHARGE FOR ALL MATERIALS OR A PORTION USED, DURING THE REPAIR OF YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE ITEMIZED AND ADDED TO YOUR BILL.
- HAZARDOUS WASTE/MATERIALS: ALL HAZARDOUS OR CONTAMINATED WASTE GENERATED AND REMOVED FROM YOUR VEHICLE MUST BE DISPOSED OF AS HAZARDOUS WASTE BY E.P.A. CERTIFIED DISPOSAL SITE. THIS FEE WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR BILL.
THE ABOVE WORDING IS NORMAL VERBIAGE FOR LIABILITY PROTECTION. WE VALUE YOU AS A CLIENT AND WE ARE HERE TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO YOUR AUTOMOTIVE PROBLEMS.
MOST OF ALL WE DO WANT TO PLEASE YOU. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM, OR DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL. AND THANK YOU FOR BRINGING YOUR VEHICLE TO US FOR SERVICE.
THE FOLLOWING WARRANTY LIMITS APPLY - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the product or service. This warranty applies only to the actual work listed and parts installed on this Work Order. No other warranty is implied or expressed.This warranty does not cover towing, storage, car rental, or any consequential or incidental damages, including damage to property, damage for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profit or income, which may be incurred as a result of defective parts or workmanship.
Modesti's Car Care Center will not be liable for any costs or charges incurred at other facilities without our express consent. Warranty will be voided by overheating, lack of lubrication, off-road use, misuse, negligence, failure to perform normal or required maintenance, abuse, modification of completed work or the removal of any recording devices installed for monitoring purposes. Damage of any components due to contaminated fuels or lubricants will not be covered under the terms of this warranty.
While working on a vehicle, components are and can become damaged due to the fact that they are worn and/or aged.We take every precaution we can to negate and/or prevent this from happening and do our best to anticipate when and where it might. Modesti's Car Care Center takes no liability regarding broken or rusted bolts, broken vacuum lines, age/worn component is damaged buyer will be notified of additional costs before repairs are performed.
Future maintenance/servicing costs are not included in this Work Order unless so stated in writing.This warranty does not cover any repair or replacement that is covered by manufacturer warranties or other warranties in effect the time of failure or malfunctions. California law, as shown below, governs this warranty.
A buyer of this product in California has the right to have this product serviced or repaired during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been fixed. The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect and the buyer notifies the manufacturer or seller of the failure of the repairs within 60 day after they were completed.
(**HAZARDOUS MATERIAL) A hazardous waste disposal charge will be added when items removed from your vehicle or items used in conjunction with the repair of your vehicle must be disposed of in compliance with federal, state and local government hazardous waste regulations. These items could include any of the following: Oils, greases, antifreeze, freon, cleaning fluids, non-recyclable items, etc.
LIMITED WARRANTY ON PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY CONSTITUTES ALL OF THE WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SALE OF THESE PARTS & ACCESSORIES. THE SELLER HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE SELLER NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF THIS PRODUCT. THE BUYER SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER FROM THE SELLER ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF PROFIT OR INCOME, OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
PROPOSITION 65 WARNING FOR PARTS & SERVICE
Motor vehicles contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. These chemicals are contained in many vehicle components and replacement parts, vehicle fluids, and paints and materials used to maintain vehicles, including, but not limited to, fuel, oil, batteries, brakes, and wheel balancing weights. When you service, clean or maintain your motor vehicle, you will be exposed to listed chemicals contained in used oil, waste and replacement fluids, fumes, grease, grime, touch-up paint, certain replacement parts, and particulates from component wear. When we service your motor vehicle, we will return used components to you upon request. Used parts and components contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
To minimize your exposure when servicing, maintaining, or cleaning your vehicle; 1) work in a well-ventilated area; 2) do not smoke, drink, or eat while working; 3) wash your hands when finished or when taking a break; and 4) follow all manufacturer instructions pertaining to proper use and maintenance of motor vehicles and vehicle components.
(Proposition 65 in Cal. Health & Safety Code § 25249.5 et seq.)
AGREEMENT TO MAINTAIN SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Service Provider agrees to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state laws, so as to maintain the confidentiality of all consumer information and data regarding Dealer’s customers that may come into Service Provider’s possession.
“Safeguard Rule” (16 CFR section 314 et seq.)